Sunday, June 3, 2012

I'm still here!

I'm sorry that I've become such a terrible blogger.  I had been thinking about giving up blogging, but I don't think I will for now.  I just might not post as often.  Every week, though, I'm plagued by, "Oh, I should probably blog this week!!" so please don't think that I never think about blogging!  haha! :)

My mom flies here this Tuesday and I'm very excited about that.  I'll get her all to myself until Father's Day and then Dad will pull into town that day.  They'll both be here together for about a week and will head back to WI after that.  So I'm not sure how much blogging I'll do during their visit, but we'll see.  Of course, after they leave, I'll probably need about two weeks off of blogging just so I can go through my regular bout of depression after parting ways with them.  haha!  Oh, I imagine it won't be that bad, but you get the point...I love seeing them and am always sad to see them go!

Work has kept me extremely busy for quite some time now.  I know that I posted that same song at the beginning of May, but it's true.  As I mentioned before, we've been short-staffed since early March so I've been the only full-time person in the office (usually there's two full-time and one part-time person) and it sure does take a toll on a person.  I feel worn out and tired all the time!  And it doesn't help that I want to "take care" of everything and that I just worry about so many things in the office that need to be done.  I think that is what wears me out the most even though I really DO try to "let it go" at the end of the day and on the weekends.  But it's amazing how it just wears you down.  And for it to be like this week after week after week...well, I'm afraid it puts me in quite a foul mood most of the time.  *sigh*  I am so glad that I have a job and that I like my job (really! I do!), so I don't want to complain about it too much.  It just can't be perfect all the time, can it?  :)

But, on the flip side, I'm so glad for good times with friends on the weekends and in the evenings.  It helps me to keep my perspective and to relax, too.  It's especially great because it usually involves a LOT of laughter and that is always a good de-stresser for a person!!! : )

So, I'm sorry, again, for being such a bad blogger.  I realize that it's been a month since my last post, but it honestly feels like it went by in just a blink of the eye.  With everything going on in the month of June, I'm sure that will happen to me again.  I guess in June I'll just try my best to live IN the moment and to ENJOY each moment and I will let you know all about how it went as soon as I can!! :)  Until then, take care! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll try this again...don't know what happened to the first one. :( Anyway, can't wait to get to WY on Tuesday...it will be fun. Love you. mom

Crystal & Warner said...

Luvs

Linda said...

Hey Jen, Don't sweat the blogging....just please keep doing it when you can. We know you are busy, but we do enjoy hearing from you. Have a great time with Mom and then both. See you at Chug.

Mo said...

Hi Jen! Fun to read an update whenever you have time/opportunity/desire to do them! :) Miss you! Mosie

SAndy said...

Give me a call when your parents leave and maybe we can try to do something fun!